Resource: Where to Get a Green Job Infographic
Why This Resource Caught My Eye
When I first saw this resource I loved the visual nature of this infographic and its ability to share a great deal of information in a very concise manner.
What to Look for
• Industries with the highest green job growth
• Green industries that hire the most people
• Clean industries that have a manufacturing focus
• Metro areas with the number of green/clean jobs and the greatest growth in green/clean jobs
Caveats to Keep in Mind
• Data collection dates – not all data is from 2011. Some graphics are based on data over a ten year period ending in 2007. Others show statistics are based on number up through 2010. Annual employment statistics generally have an inherent time delay. As you scan the infographic, incorporate the dates into the conclusions you make about the data.
• Definition of green jobs/careers – Any time you evaluate green economy statistics, you must make sure you understand how the researchers defined green jobs. It’s likely you’ll need to go to the original sources to gain a full understanding of their definition.